Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Work 1: The 52 Step

This is the year I become an artist.

Somewhere there is a conversation taking place concerned with what makes an artist, or art. I could pull up my scrap heap of ideas and maybe peer onto the table of such discourse. Or I could stack a realized body of work and engage the discussion. At present I do not have this stack. At one piece a week for fifty-two weeks, I intend to prove myself an artist. ...or a man with a stack of stuff.

Until now, artist as concept only. A mind without a body of work. This year I will grow a body, one piece at a time. Given the weekly deadline, the emphasis is on quantity over quality, though hopefully the two can overlap.

This site will work as my open sketchbook, gallery, or whatever forum seems most appropriate. Take a look, check back, share your thoughts. Both the52step and myself are a work in progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment