Friday, February 5, 2010

Work 5: That Sweet Glow



By no set plan, every mikan that I peel ends up looking like a sun. Before eating it, I remark upon the similarity. The bare fruit still in sphere form, sitting on a peel of similar radiance bursting into each direction. It captures any natural light and claims it for its own, suggesting with a confident glow that it is the true source of light. Consciously or not, I see all this, and I eat it.

My first round of photos caught all of the detail and none of the warmth. While the Sun brings clarity to all we see, it itself is not clear to look upon. I began to mess with the focus, and the more I did, the more I liked the results. Here is a mikan (Japanese orange), sitting on the Wisconsin flag, captured with the last light of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment